Vinegar contains 4 to 7 percentage of acetic acid which can remove stains and dirt easily from the floor. It is also effective in removing odor from the carpet and reduces the formation of soap bubbles inside the cleaning machine. Vinegar is often used in large industries to clean the entire floor at a single wash and is a reliable solution for removing bad odor and hard stains from carpet and many other surfaces. Vinegar is considered safe and natural cleaner which can also be used as a sanitizer in houses. Adding a few drops of it with water that you are using for cleaning will not only remove stains but also will ensure a healthy environment for children and pets as well.
Using Vinegar in a steam mop
Being natural cleanser and an odor eating substance, top steam mops can work even better with Vinegar and water in several kinds of floor. Floors like linoleum, tile floors and vinyl floors will give exceptional results when cleaned with vinegar. However, hardwood floors shouldn’t be cleaned with it as with the removal of stains and bad odor, it will also prick off the chemical finishing on it which will result in an ugly look.
White vinegar, when accompanied with water, turns out to be the best cleanser and germ remover for every kind of surfaces. Steam cleaner gets the best and a pile of applications when used with it in residential places and mainly on carpets.
Process of using vinegar in a steam cleaner
Vinegar can be added directly to such devices but for reliable functioning and processing, this itinerary process can be helpful to a great extent.
- Add one-quarter of a cup of white distilled vinegar into the reservoir of your cleaner.
- A cleanser which is recommended by the model or else a normal soap solution can be added on it.
- Rinse water of recommended amount should be poured into the reservoir.
- This mixture in the cleaner can be used for cleaning the vinyl floors, tiles, etc as it is the most efficient neutralizer for bad odors and hard stains.
Carpet, upholstery and several other furnishings can be cleaned from the roots if the tank and other removable parts are left soaked with white distilled vinegar. A half-cup of vinegar with warm water works the best in removing bad odors and stains as well.
Benefits of using vinegar in a steam cleaner
- The vinegar and warm water solution is a perfect cleanser for bathroom, microwaves, floors, toilets, bathtubs, and countertops as well.
- Stubborn stains and bad odors from carpets and floors can be cleaned easily with vinegar.
- It is an effective disinfectant and sanitizer that is able to kill many kinds of bacteria and germs from floors and surfaces.
- Any hard odor which is irresistible can be neutralized instantly.
With all these incredible benefits, peeling and cracking of hardwood floors is also an aspect to consider. Thus it is strictly recommended to not to use vinegar on any kind of hardwood floors. Even cloudiness on such hardwood floors can also be an adverse result of using distilled vinegar for cleaning.